All submitted abstracts will be considered for any combination of these categories if the case meets the eligibility requirements.
Selected abstracts will present at an assigned date/time in a moderated meeting room setting. Oral presentations will be scattered throughout the length of the entire program.
Young Investigator Award Oral Presentation: The American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention (CVRI) will again sponsor the NASCI-AHA Young Investigator Awards. A select number of oral submissions, that are eligible, will be chosen for AHA oral presentations
Eligibility: All residents, postdoctoral students, medical students, and fellows are eligible.
Selection: Eight finalists will be selected and asked to orally present their papers at the Scientific Sessions. Only first authors may present for young investigator sessions.
Awards: All eight finalists receive two nights' hotel accommodations at the Renaissance. The three top presentations will receive an additional monetary award, and will have the abstract published in full in the iJCVI.
NOTE: Those who submit as an AHA, but are not chosen as a finalist, will still be eligible to present their work as a non-AHA oral presentation or poster.
AHA Application details:
• The presenter must be the first author of an accepted abstract.
• Only Young Investigator submissions accepted for oral presentation will be considered for the American Heart Association - CVRI Young Investigator Awards.
• The applicant must be a member of NASCI and CVRI.
• A signed confirmation from the Program Director of the applicant’s In-Training status should be sent to the Society (FAX: 703-716-4487 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org) The applicant must apply before the MAY 9, 2017, 11:59 pm abstract deadline..
• When submitting the abstract, please select "Yes" for the Young Investigator Awards/Travel Stipends Question.
• The American Heart Association requires all applicants be an AHA CVRI (Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention) Council member. If the applicant is not currently a member of the CVRI council, the CVRI Council will then pay the membership fee.
Educational & Scientific Exhibits (Posters):
Posters will be presented in backboard panel (hard-copy poster) format. The maximum individual poster size to display is 3.5ft x 3.5ft. Posters can be secured by pins or Velcro. All items in a backboard panel exhibit, including text and captions, must be in opaque form. Electronic posters will not be accepted.n
Poster authors will be asked to present their research in an oral presentation. (No A/V provided). Poster presentations should highlight the results and key features of the poster. Authors will be responsible for having the poster displayed and removed during the times indicated.